We are recruiting for 2021-22
Information Event: Thursday 22nd October
5-6pm Virtual Meeting
If you are interested, please contact
Jacqui Percival to register interest
Course Dates: September 2021 - July 2022, full time, 1 year
Age phase and route: PGCE General Primary 5-11
Our programme runs in partnership with University of Cumbria and you will receive specialist input from UoC staff to support school led training.
Entry requirements: A degree. Three GCSEs at minimum grade C or above to include English language, mathematics and science (including biology, chemistry or physics). All successful applicants must have met this requirement by 31 July 2021.
Programme fees: based on 2019-20 entry £9,250.
Learning Teaching Together In Our Schools
- 100% Excellent student satisfaction with their course in 2019
- 100% overall good or better outcomes against Teacher Standards for 5 years consecutively.
91% of our trainees had secured employment by the end of their programme.
School Direct is an innovative training route where schools recruit, support and provide high quality placement experiences for their own trainees. We support employment within the alliance where possible. Although there is no absolute guarantee of employment, schools will support trainees in securing their first appointment. Consistently our trainees secure teaching posts locally.
Key Aspects of Our Programme:
- Pre-programme school experience offered
- Training led by current teachers in real school contexts
- Personalised and supportive approach to your training
- High quality training - real teachers and lead consultant input
- Placement certainty across a range of schools locally
- Links with schools in the North East
- Supportive trained mentors - including those with Qualified Lead Mentor (QLMS) and Qualified Mentor Status (QMS)
- Employment opportunities - local and North East Head Teachers recruit our trainees
"We quickly absorb the student teacher as a member of staff and this supports their ability to learn." Mentor Carlisle School Direct.
"The School Direct programme has provided top quality school led training which created highly employable and skilled teachers. Our staff and pupils have benefited from this approach to ITT and recruitment. We are proud to be aligned with the CSD alliance." Head Teacher.
“The calibre of the NQT is a high standard in terms of skills, knowledge and readiness to teach.” Kuldip McMullan, Head Teacher, Stanwix Primary.
For further information and for how to apply:
Or contact direct: Jacqui Percival - Partnership Programme Lead
The UCAS code for our Carlisle School Direct programme is 24x4
Information about our new SEND/Inclusion Pathway
We offer a non-salaried route into teaching, for further information about course fees, student loans and available bursaries please see information on:
Secondary lead school is Trinity School
Follow us on Twitter @carlisleSD or facebook @CarlisleSchoolDirect